Monday, February 6, 2012

Do I Have Time For This? Not Really.

So, I haven't posted in a while. Because I don't really have time for this. Anymore it seems like I don't have much time at all. My life gets more and more busy as the days pass. . . My February is pretty much full already and it's only the 6th.. wow. Enough about that.

In the midst of all this chaos, there are some pretty awesome opportunities for me and my music. A friend of a friend heard my voice and wants me to open for her gig! That might not seem like a big deal to some, but for me, this is stinking awesome. It'll be my first "real gig". And even though I only get to sing one song, one song is all I need to blow them away. :) I'll be singing a song that I wrote, which is way better than any cover I could do, but only because it's coming from my heart. I could do a cover, but it wouldn't be completely mine, only partially. The music I write always seems to speak way better than any words I could ever come up with. Sometimes I may be speechless, but even when I am, God speaks. The times when I have absolutely nothing to say and only tears come, that's when the songs come to me. Or the times when I'm so happy I can't hold in my excitement, another song comes. I know that songs are just words put to music.. But somehow the music is what makes the difference. I guess what I'm trying to say is.. When my words fail, God speaks through me with music.

No comments:

Post a Comment