Monday, August 1, 2011

OHH Vacation....is over?!? :(

It's sad, but very true.. vacation is over. Time for reality. Reality sucks...
It really is good to be home though. I missed my granny and all my dogs, although I didn't miss my brothers rat.. haha
Oh it was so fun! We did so much, we need a vacation from vacation!
Fortunately, we stayed with friends so we saved a TON of money and didn't need a hotel. I can't wait to go back! That's right, I'm going again! I have an awesome opportunity to go back and make a CD! I'm so excited!! It's been a dream of mine for a LONG time to make a CD. And better yet, I'll get to record the two songs that I've written. Plus any more that I want up to 15!
Well I could talk about so many different highlights of my week, but I think I'll share the one most meaningful to me.
Saturday night, our friend says.. "Singer Girl (he used my real name if course) I need you to do me a favor." "Sure! What do you need?" I asked. "Well I'm the lead singer in our church worship band, but most all of our band is gone. We don't even have any instruments. Could you play the piano or guitar and help me lead worship tomorrow?" a little surprised, I said "Yeah, I can do that!" We started working on it right away. Eventually I decided that the guitar would be easier, which doesn't make much sense..I've been playing the piano since I was 8, and the guitar since Thanksgiving. We chose our songs, I actually ended up picking one out by ear, and then my nerves started setting in.. We sang 5 songs, including one that I wrote :). This was a small church, with mostly older people, but it was an amazing experience. I messed up a few times, although I was the only instrument, I think I covered it up pretty well ;) Did I mention I was singing at the same time? Well I was. It was awesome, God used me through music in a big way.
On Sunday night, I sang the other song I wrote for a smaller amount of people. By then I was used to the stares. But I think I gained a few fans :) including a nice old man, haha. It was a great experience to share some of my music and my talents with people who appreciate them. If it wasn't for my friend, I wouldn't have been up there. He considered me a life saver, I consider him a man who appreciates my music and talents. Any way you slice it, it was a great week.
Enjoy!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment