Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Read it, AGAIN.

You can read the same thing five or six times, but still get something new out of it everytime. I figured this out once again this morning. Last year I did Bible quizzing and we studied 1&2 Corithians. I read 1 Cor. 1 several times and even memorized a few verses from it. This morning I decided to read it again for my devotions, I got something new from it this time. 1 Corinthians 1:31- That's why we have the saying, "If you're going to blow a horn, blow a trumpet for God."
I take this as, if you're gonna make noise, make noise for God. I had never thought about it like that before, but it makes perfect sense. There is so much noise in this world, almost all of it is negative. It's up to us Christians to make a positive sound in the midst of all the negative noise in this world. Be positive!! :)


1 comment:

  1. So true, Cassie! We need to be the positive voices of praise and thanksgiving in our world where there is so much hurt and destruction. Even in our darkest hour we need to show others we have a reason to be thankful. Here is a great verse I came across just today..."Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe." Hebrews 12:28

    ReplyDelete